Sunday 13 March 2011

Back home and getting back to reality

Well I have been home a week now after my Dad's funeral, still quite emotional but trying to get back to some sort of normality.
Whilst I was in Essex helping to nurse Dad it was very difficult to stay vegan. Now I'm home, I've been back to work for a week and this weekend I did a bake for the week.

Spinach soup from a recipe in Vegetarian Living magazine, this is simply delicious, one of the best soups I've ever tasted, I'll make this again. (looks quite unappetising though, I'll just shut my eyes when I eat it )


I also made some spring roll type things using Filo pastry, I filled some with a sweet, apple and raisin mixture and others with a curried lentil, sweet potato and yellow pepper mix.

Also I came to the conclusion that I eat too many soya products and as you know, too much of anything can be a bad thing. So I have decided to stop using soya milk in my tea and on my porridge. I have tried rice milk, which is so watery my tea look almost like chocolate and so strong, it also curdles so that it's undrinkable, next I tried a new milk out called Oatly, made with oats strangely enough :), this was a bit more creamy so the tea looked better but this also curdled.
I read on the internet that others who had had this problem heated the milk before adding the tea bag and water, which I did. The rice milk still curdled, not too bothered about that as I didn't like the taste of it anyway. The Oatly worked, Hooray! A decent cuppa at last.


No comments:

Post a Comment